The 20th Epcot International Food & Wine Festival promises a tasting celebration of epic proportion Sept. 25-Nov. 16, 2015, with more global marketplaces than ever and a first-time culinary collaboration with ABC’s Emmy-Award winning lifestyle series “The Chew.”
For the first time in the festival’s 20-year history, guests can sip and sample at marketplace experiences — now numbering more than 30 – in the park’s new Future World tasting areas. Festival guests also can see “The Chew” tape five shows before an Epcot audience Oct. 7-9 to air Oct. 12-16.
Disney chefs and festival programmers are whipping up a feast of surprises to celebrate the 20th annual festival in style. New wine tastings, lively parties and other culinary experiences built around the 20-year milestone will unite loyal festival fans and first-timers.
During the 53-day festival, presented by Chase and recognized by the Travel Channel as one of America’s top food festivals, Epcot will brim with epicurean discoveries:
- The new Artistry of Wine & Cheese area will feature the Cheese Studio and Wine Studio marketplaces where premium wines will be available on tap and cheeses will be served on an “artist’s palette” as part of a wine-and-cheese pairing.
- At the new Next Eats area near the Epcot Character Spot, Sustainable Chew Marketplace will offer guests a taste of delicious dishes inspired by “The Chew” co-hosts. At Chew Lab, food science meets the hottest culinary tech trends with dishes like the Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey Caramel.
2011’s Shrimp on the Barbie with Pepper Berry Citrus Glaze
- New marketplace dishes like the Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp (Australia), Pepper Bacon Mac ‘N Cheese (Farm Fresh) and Seared Venison Loin with Wild Mushroom Marsala Sauce (New Zealand) will tempt taste buds. The Dominican Republic Marketplace will return with fresh flair and an all-new menu with dishes that include Pescado con Coco – seared grouper, pigeon peas with rice and coconut sauce.
The prize you receive when you complete Remy’s Ratatouille Hide & Squeak at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival has been released by the Disney Parks Blog. Starting September 25, guests can take part in the scavenger hunt around World Showcase helping Remy collect ingredients for his signature dish, ratatouille.
To play, guests can purchase a map with stickers at Disney Traders, Festival Center, Pin Central, Port of Entry and World Traveler (International Gateway). As they make their way around World Showcase, they can record the ingredients they find by placing the corresponding sticker on the map. Whether the map is completed or not, it can be returned to the redemption location at Port of Entry by November 16 to receive a pin. The price is $9.95, plus tax, and maps, stickers and surprise pin are available while supplies last. There will be no discounts and purchasing limits may apply.
We’re just a little over a little under two months out from the start of the 20th Anniversary of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, and the Disney Parks Blog has released some images of merchandise that we’ll be seeing this year.
There are three “art programs” for the designs this year. The World Showcase program features icons from the 11 pavilions. The Disney character program will feature Mickey, as well as Chef Figment (he’ll also be available as a cute plush!). Finally is the “Brews Around the World” program, which has been featured in previous years.
Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar at the Disneyland Hotel will be hosting a special 60th anniversary celebration for the resort on August 10 and 11, according to the Disney Parks Blog. The site notes that “The sessions will include the Tahitian Terrace Tribute Show with Tahitian dancers; a historical overview by Imagineers; and tastes from the original menu of the “gone-but-not-forgotten” Tahitian Terrace tropical restaurant. Guests also receive two drink tickets good for non-alcoholic Tahitian Punch, Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration drink (with alcohol), wine or beer.”
Posted in Dining, Disneyland, Drinks, Entertainment, Events, Food, Lounge, Merchandise, Recipe, Resorts, Restaurants, Snacks
Tagged Diamond Celebration, Disneyland Hotel, Tahitian Terrace Diamond Luau, Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar
Two new Made with Magic sippers are coming to Disneyland and California Adventure July 17, according to the Disney Parks Blog. The sippers will cost $25.00 without a beverage and or $28.00 with a beverage, including fountain soda, frozen carbonated beverages, and frozen lemonade (tax included).
The “Fantasmic!” Chernabog sipper will be available at the following locations:
- Glow Carts throughout Disneyland park
- The Golden Horseshoe
- Stage Door Café
- Ship to Shore Marketplace
- River Belle Terrace
- French Market Restaurant
- Mint Julep Bar
- Blue Bayou Restaurant
- Hungry Bear Restaurant
- Harbour Galley
- Aladdin’s Oasis
The “World of Color” sipper will be available at the following locations:
- Glow Carts throughout Disney California Adventure park
- Smokejumpers Grill
- Mad T Party
- Studio Catering Co.
- Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill
- Pacific Wharf Café
- Lucky Fortune Cookery
- Fillmore’s Taste-In
- Cove Bar
- Paradise Garden Grill
- Bayside Brews